1 social control by dominating
- Rhymes: -eɪʃǝn
Domination is the condition of having control or power over people, animals, or things.
The terms Domination or dominant may refer to:
- Dominant (music), in music theory
- Domination (rapper) (b. 1982), an American rapper from Queens, New York
- Domination (album), 1995 album by U.S. death metal band Morbid Angel
- "Domination", a song on Pantera's 1990 album, Cowboys From Hell
- "Domination", a song on Symphony X's 2007 album, Paradise Lost
- Dominating decision rule, in decision theory
- Domination (chess) occurs where a chess piece with wide movement cannot avoid capture.
- Domination (computer game) is a turn-based computer game.
- Domination (poker), way of rating a poker hand
- Domination, also known as Focus (board game), a 1964 game designed by Sid Sackson
- Domination, a multiplayer game mode featured in the popular 2007 video game Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, among others.
- The Domination, a series of dystopian novels by S. M. Stirling
domination in Danish: Dominans
domination in German: Dominanz
domination in French: Dominant
domination in Hebrew: דומיננטי
domination in Dutch: Dominant
domination in Norwegian: Dominant
domination in Low German: Dominanz
domination in Russian: Доминанта
domination in Slovak: Dominant
domination in Ukrainian: Домінанта
absolutism, argumentum baculinum, ascendance, ascendancy, authority, balance of power, big stick, bond service, bondage, captivity, charisma, charm, claws, clout, clutches, command, consequence, control, credit, debt slavery, deprivation of freedom, despotism, dictatorship, disenfranchisement, disfranchisement, dominance, dominancy, domineering, dominion, effect, eminence, eminent domain, enchantment, enslavement, enthrallment, esteem, eyereach, eyeshot, eyesight, fascism, favor, feudalism, feudality, field of view, field of vision, force, good feeling, grasp, grip, gripe, hand, hands, heavy hand, hegemony, helm, helotism, helotry, high hand, hold, horizon, importance, incidental power, indentureship, influence, influentiality, insinuation, iron boot, iron hand, iron heel, jurisdiction, ken, leadership, leverage, limit of vision, line of sight, magnetism, masterdom, mastership, mastery, might, moment, naked eye, oppression, outlook, outlook over, overlordship, peonage, personality, perspective, persuasion, potency, power, predominance, predominancy, predomination, preeminence, preponderance, preponderancy, prepotence, prepotency, pressure, prestige, primacy, principality, prospect, purchase, range, reign, reign of terror, reins of government, repression, repute, restraint, rule, say, scan, scope, scope of vision, serfdom, serfhood, servility, servitude, sight, sightliness, slavery, sovereignty, strings, suasion, subjection, subjugation, subordination, subtle influence, suggestion, superiority, suppression, supremacy, survey, suzerainship, suzerainty, sway, talons, terrorism, thought control, thrall, thralldom, tyranny, upper hand, vassalage, view, villenage, vista, weight, whip hand